Country Business Magazine Article

(Don't let that cover photo scare you! I'm not going to start talking about the Holidays quite yet!) Back in May, Susan Wagner, Editor of Country Business Magazine, contacted me about writing an article for an upcoming issue. They had a Display Challenge in the works, and wanted me to serve as the 'Retail Visual Expert' for it. I was asked to review each entry and write an article to accompany photos of each display. How could I pass that up?!

One of the best things about working in this facet of the retail industry is seeing how creativity and imagination can lift merchandise above the ordinary. The three stylists that were chosen to participate in this Display Challenge were all given exactly the same products and guidelines. They each added their own style and flair, resulting in three very different, successful displays. I was able to contact each of the stylists and ask some questions about their processes, then include that info in the article. I'd like to offer a special thank you to Country Business staff display stylist Nancy Borsodi for sending me a wealth of helpful information regarding display techniques - and I put ALL of it in the article!

You can read about their inspiration, process, and tips in the current (July/August) issue of Country Business Magazine. Susan, thank you again for the opportunity...

2 comments:

  1. did my best to be one of the choosen three...oh, well. Would have been great to have been apart of one of your articals. stomp foot, shake head...darn, darn, darn.Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, the three stylists had already been chosen and had completed their designs & photos by the time I came on board to write the article. I was so focused on that, I never asked how they were chosen! Keep trying!!!

    ReplyDelete