Fortune Favors the Brave...


This little fortune was lying in the middle of the walkway at the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco, stuck to the pavement after being dropped - or maybe blown? - there and then rained upon. Repeatedly rained upon.

(And in case you've seen the film 'the Wedding Planner' with Matthew McConaghey and Jennifer Lopez, I can tell you that this was at the same spot that Matthew and his fiance decide to call off the wedding, right in front of the big arched bridge. Useless trivia, I know...but since I had collapsed in bed last night after running myself ragged setting up the Seattle Gift Show for three days, I watched it again on TBS. And I enjoyed the films' scenery even more, since I had just been in San Fran.)

Mr. Deb snapped a shot of the fortune...and unfortunately, I can't zoom in without the print getting fuzzy. So let me tell you what it says:

'You will be showered with Good Luck'

Considering that we had been showered - and more - by rain for our entire visit to the City by the Bay, this was almost laughable. I do, however, take messages like this at their word, and I instantly envisioned the exact kind of 'good luck' I wished to be showered with. (And no, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the Lotto.....)

Saturday, I was at the Seattle Gift Show. I had a meeting - an important meeting. My friend, co-conspirator, & mentor Sue Kirby and I have a new business in the works, and we presented it to someone who can not only help us launch it, but have it be of great benefit to his business, as well. Let me just say that the meeting went FABULOUSLY! 'Showered with good luck' indeed. (Paired with lots of hard work, preparation, and enthusiasm!) I am encouraged & excited about the future of this project, and as soon as I am at liberty to divulge information, I will be thrilled to share it with you!

A little 'shout out' to my friends (especially Tracy & Tracey!), family (especially Mr. Deb!), and the wonderful women at 'Women Take Wing!' who are standing behind me, cheering us on. (figuratively speaking, of course...you don't haul a cheer squad into a conference room....) I just cannot express how much it means to me to have your faith & support. Thank you Thank You Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:39 PM

    Oh Debi, I wish you so much luck in your new endeavor. Isn't life grand! Sue from Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't there a saying that San Francisco is the city of dreams? Maybe there should be one. I'm glad our city was able to share a little magic on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like they say, "There are no coincidences"!
    I can't wait to hear the outcome. I'm rooting for ya!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:12 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete