'Sittin' Pretty'...DivaDeb Originals



This past week, I came up with a new display prop for a project I am working on and the idea exploded! I've had a FAB response to this, inspiring me to create a line of products. Introducing 'Sittin' Pretty Unique Mannequins', a unique DivaDeb creation. (There's a pun in there for the three people who read this blog who knew me before I was married...) These are display props that perform the function of a mannequin - but ever so much more stylishly!

I will be producing these for sale, each one an original 'one of a kind' custom creation for my retail clients. I can envision many styles, sizes, colors, finishes, and uses for them. If you are interested in having one of these DivaDeb creations made just for you, drop me a line and I'll send you more info. They will be making a red-carpet appearance at the upcoming Portland and Seattle Gift Shows, too - in my seminars, on the Demonstration Stage, and in the currently-being-designed Seattle Launching Pad Display area.

This particular little darling is awaiting her wardrobe - a wedding petticoat and veil. When dressed, the chair won't show at all. But I would use this and let part of the 'structure' show. It's sort of 'French Bohemian' in a way, don'tcha' think? Useful? Oh, yeah... picture a designer bag featured sitting right there on the seat, a darling pair of shoes placed on the 'feet' of the chair, while a jaunty scarf, belt, or hat is displayed up above. (One might even place a tiara up there on top, hmmmmmnnn???)

This design is very eco-friendly to boot, utilizing old items in a new way. Yeah, if I get an order for twenty of them and need them to all be alike, I'll be buying new chairs that match. But otherwise, it's all about reusing funky stuff. My big thing, after all, is making it 'Fast, Cheap, & Easy!'TM

You can take this idea and create one for your own non-commercial use - but please don't snarf my idea for profit, OK? (Yeah, I said snarf. That would be an 'official' term an IRS agent recently used in a conversation with my hubby. Made him smile!) 'Sittin' Pretty', 'KENNEDYkennedy Design, and 'DivaDeb' copyright KkD 2008

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:30 AM

    I love this idea and can't wait to see more~ a "Marie" with a tuffet perhaps~ repurposing at it's best ~ S@C'estChouette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...Love it...Love it!! How very creative!! It looks FABULOUS on the business card (*wonderful cards!), and I love that you decided to make into an actual display! Soooo very creative! I think it will be a smashing hit ~ that's my predication!! Can't wait to hear about how it took off!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete