Published: A Pro Tip from Deb!

*NOTE: please read 'UPDATE 2020' below this post for important info about links *

I was contacted this week (June 2016) by Allan from Fit Small Business.com
an online resource for small businesses.
I'd never heard of them (Sorry!) but after he proposed a collaboration, 
I went to the site to check them out.

TWO HOURS LATER.....
Seriously, they have an abundance of resources and materials
featuring educational information for the many varied facets of owning a small business!
I am very impressed - including with the comprehensive coverage of topics.
The articles & posts (this encompasses a website AND blog) are well-written
on a plethora of subjects that apply to many kinds of businesses - including retail.



...and there's SO much more...

Allan had come across my past blog posts on cash wraps (find them here and here)
and wanted to ask if I would consider adding the Fit Small Biz post about cash wraps to mine.
After reading their article, I was already leaning to 'YES!'...
Then Allan offered to insert content from me into one of their top-ranking articles!
Excellently written by Jason Rueger, their post is on the subject of store planning & design - 
and my recently published article in Gift Shop Magazine also focuses on retail space planning, 
so the concept of Zone Design was a perfect fit.
I pulled some information together, sent it off to Allan, 
and just a few hours later he emailed to tell me it's live. ALREADY!
I'm even MORE impressed now...


After reading his email, I went to their site to check out the article (and grab a few screen shots)...
They've chosen to add me in as a 'Pro Tip', with a link to my website.

I immediately clicked over here and added the Fit Small Business link 
to both of my own cash wrap blog posts, 
as well as their blog link in the 'Resources' sidebar section.
And I'm giving them a shout-out in a dedicated post because honestly,
anyone who can do business in a manner that is beneficial to both parties
and that benefits a LOT of readers deserves a spotlight.

I highly recommend them - so head over to Fit Small Business.com right now,
and plan to spend a couple of hours perusing their content.
Including the store planning post that features my Pro Tip!
You're going to learn a LOT.

the article appears at http://fitsmallbusiness.com/planning-your-store-layout/

see update 2020 below.

Thank you again, Allan, for the opportunity to collaborate with you on this.
I look forward to working with you again!

UPDATE 2020
Fit Small Business contacted me in a flurry of emails last week
to 'ask' me to remove ALL of my links to their site.

on January 2, 2020, the original article penned by Jason Rueger was edited (AND re-attributed),
with the content of MANY small business contributors deleted. Mine included.
So all of us who provided our expertise and insight in content to FSB,
with no pay and with agreement in good faith for a live link to our own sites, were erased.
Even my COMMENT on the article was erased.

I have deleted the live links to the FSB site from every location on my blog.
The link to the article that this post refers to has been changed to a typed reference rather than live link.
The photo above shows how my content appeared originally.
If you visit that article on their site now, you will see it is missing.

It doesn't escape my attention that the re-write of the article contains NEW 'tips' with live links 
that lead to very large corporations selling products and services. 
FSB claims they support small biz, but they only promote giant corporations instead of the small business owners who have given of their time & talent to support THEM.

I can no longer support or recommend FitSmallBusiness as a resource for small business owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment